The 3.0 release of rxInventory adds new features for analysis and management of software assets. In a constantly changing IT environment, it is difficult to keep track of used and currently unused software licenses. A realistic needs assessment is burdensome and rarely up to date. Frequently the persons in charge do not know about the use of unlicensed software or condone it. This does not only pose legal risks, but is also a considerable cost factor.
rxInventory 3.0 offers an always current analysis of the licensing situation in a company. With the integrated license management the identified software packages are assigned to products by definable rules. Information about the addition, removal, date of purchase, expiration and price of license packs are subsequently assigned on the product level. The resulting difference between detected software and assigned licenses reliably denotes the state of licensing.
There are also other handy features in version 3.0. For example it is now possible to hide entries from the list of detected software packages, to avoid distraction by non-relevant packages. With rxInventory a list of computers, where a certain software package is installed, is only a few clicks away. This view can be inverted to show only those devices where a specific package is not installed.
Moreover, inactive or no longer existing equipment is now marked with a warning symbol. Such clients can subsequently be deleted or moved to the archive.
With rxInventory 3.0 high value was set on ease of use and clear presentation of data. This upgrade is free for all existing customers. Users of older versions are recommended to install the update.
Changes to rxInventory 3.0
Note: When starting rxInventory 3.0 for the first time, the database is changed in a way which is not compatible with older versions of rxInventory.
- Comprehensive management for software product licenses with automatic detection of under- and over-licensing
- Software packages can be hidden from the total list
- Show computers where a software package or product is not installed
- Filter buttons in table headers allow for selecting a column value from a drop down list
- Warning icon for computers and devices which were not scanned for a certain amount of days
- Queries on remote drives and printers persistently connected by users
- A lot of minor improvements and fixes
- User defined properties with one of the following characters “.`” in its name are now correctly handled by the MS-Jet database
- Failed SSH scans are now displayed correctly under the events node and show up also below Unknown
- The query designer again supports setting the sort order by clicking on the column header
- Duplicates of a computer item appeared, when more then one user were logged on it
- A lot of improvements in usability and stability of the asset management program