„Improvement and revision of all parts of the program“, this is the principle of the current rxInventory update to version 3.7.
Especially in the field of data retrieval it has succeeded. Many users may look forward to the new option of detecting devices by Active Directory resp. organizational units. Especially in a complex environment scans can planned more precisely. The identification and recognition of network devices has been significantly improved and for example leads to a more solid detection of switch ports. Moreover the diagonal and aspect ratio of display devices are recorded and new codes of monitor manufacturers are supported.
But even within the management interface there are interesting innovations. The wish to assign devices to individual license packages in addition to products was implemented and ensures a more precise picture of the license situation. Parametrized exports from the web interface could prove very useful – for example, to distribute scheduled PDF reports by a small PowerShell script. If required these reports may now contain data of archived devices and properties of attached documents. Many additional features and fixes as well as full Windows 10 support round off the overall picture of the free update. Users of older versions are recommended to install the update.
Changes to rxInventory 3.7
Note: When starting rxInventory 3.7 for the first time, the database is changed in a way which is not compatible with older versions of rxInventory. With multiple installations accessing the same database, all installation have to be updated.
- Support for Windows 10
- Enumeration of devices from Active Directory
- Vastly improved processing of switch interfaces (ports)
- In case of Windows product keys being removed from registry (e.g. MAK and KMS keys) the last five characters are retrieved from an alternative source
- The existing and in use memory slots are detected. DDR2-memory is now displayed correctly
- Hidden Software is now suppressed also within each device’s software list
- Journal entries track the user who created it
- On error 1326 (The user name or password is incorrect) the account that was in use is displayed
- Aspect ratio and diagonal of monitors were added
- Codes of display manufacturers were updated
- Missing MAC addresses from SNMP devices are compensated by ARP information
- SNMP devices are recognized more reliably by use of their MAC address
- Malformed SNMP answer packets are ignored now and don’t lead to an error any more
- It is now possible to add documents and links on multiple devices simultaneously
- Export of documents via the web interface
- Optional assignment of devices to a specific license pack in addition to the product only
- Custom queries now allow for including archived devices
- Added box for additional arguments within scan groups and ranges to set special scan parameters
- Within the scan history it is now possible to also remove the latest scan
- The port of a PostgreSQL connections can be supplied separated by a colon
- SQL Server Compact Edition is not part of the supported databases any more
- Properties for attached documents can now be selected within the query designer