With rxInventory 3.5 the comprehensive inventory becomes an integral part. Grouping the assets by any property like location, department or cost center are a breeze now thanks to configurable report trees. From each group all known report and management features are available including the license management.
Especially by the integrated web interface the product gets a significant enhancement. Now all information in the central inventory database is available from the web interface on any workstation without the need of installation or configuration.
But rxInventory 3.5 has other interesting new features. Relations between clients and switch ports are displayed within the data structure and besides the normal scanning there can be assets added manually which are not available from the network. A completely refurbished report designer makes database queries even more intuitive and the data export was extended by the PDF, HTML, MHT and CSV file formats.
Despite the wealth of new features and improvements, this version is free of charge for existing customs. Users of older versions are recommended to install the update.
Changes to rxInventory 3.5
Note: When starting rxInventory 3.5 for the first time, the database is changed in a way which is not compatible with older versions of rxInventory.
- Report trees allow the display of inventory data filtered by any property (e.g. location or department). At the same time all known report and management options are available including a separate license management
- The report designer was completely reworked. It is easier to use now, yet offers more features
Data can now be exported to PDF, HTML, MHT (HTML in one file) and CSV
- A web interface allows read-only access to the inventory database. It is hosted by the rxInventory service and can be password protected
- Users can add their own assets and manage like scanned devices
- The MAC addresses that network switches learned on their ports are retrieved. This way devices can be related to the switch ports they are connected to
- The history of free space on each partition is now shown and thereby allows the administrator predictions of the future
- The columns displayed within user-defined devices can be configured now
- Netbios name queries are faster and work in parallel now
- A lot of minor improvements and fixes